TheHockey Club Lugano announces that, starting at 12:00 noon today, presale is open for the National League match against Davos to be played on Sunday, January 15, 2023 at Cornèr Arena starting at 3:45 pm.
The match against the Grisons coincides with the annual Academy Day, the game dedicated to the HC Lugano Academy Foundation that supports the HCL Youth Section. For the occasion, all girls and boys under the age of 12 will thus be entitled to a free ticket in all sectors of the Cornèr Arena.
Tickets for the game can be purchased at hclugano.info/tickets, at Ticketcorner's external sales outlets visible at the link hclugano.info/points-of-sale or at the HCL Secretariat at Via Maraini 15 A, Pregassona (opening hours Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.-12:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., closed Dec. 24-29, 2022 inclusive).
A partner of the Academy Day, Helsana is also providing 200 complimentary tickets for the East Stand (first level), which can be picked up, subject to availability, starting Monday, January 9, 2023 at the Helsana point of sale at Via Balestra 18 in Lugano and at the Helsana point of sale at Viale Portone 2 in Bellinzona during the hours of 8:30 a.m.-12:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Also on the occasion of the Jan. 15, 2023 game, the bianconera club will celebrate two players entering theHockey Club Lugano Hall of Fame. After Alfio Molina, Bernard Côté, Bruno Rogger, Silvano Corti and Andy Ton, the honor will fall this year to two strikers who contributed to great triumphs of the distant and more recent past. We are talking about Fredy Lüthi and Glen Metropolit, the latter a current member of the technical staff of the very Davos team that will play at Cornèr Arena.
The following are the most significant data from Lüthi and Metropolit:
Alfred "Fredy Lüthi," forward, born July 31, 1961, jersey no. 11
- 9 consecutive seasons in the HCL between 1984 and 1993
- 6 consecutive playoff finals with the HCL between 1986 and 1991
- 4 national titles with the HCL (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- 377 league games with HCL, 173 goals, 147 assists, 320 points
- 2 Olympic Games, 7 World Cups, 147 appearances with the Swiss national team
Glen Metropolit, forward, born June 25, 1974, jersey no. 50
- 3 seasons in the HCL, 158 games, 60 goals, 110 assists, 170 points
- 1 national title with the HCL (2006)
- Overall leading scorer of the 2005/2006 season (61 games, 91 points)
- 437 games in the NHL (58 goals, 106 assists, 164 points)
- Over 1,100 professional games between 1995 and 2017